Publication Date: 2014
Additional Participant Workbook for use with the Systems for Decisions tool
Today, the cycles of change in business have compressed significantly and the capability to lead, rather than manage change is essential. Where once the capability to lead change was essential to win in business, it is now needed to plan. This presents three fundamental questions: 1) what changes are we likely to occur, 2) how do you plan and adapt to change and, 3) what are the longer term and unintended consequences of our decisions.
Systems for Decisions is a tool that will provide you with the answers and assistance to:
1. Learn more about a problem. Is it a problem at all, or is it best framed as a challenge or an opportunity?
2. Determine if the problem is isolated or recurrent. If recurrent, have we any sense of the forces that are driving it?
3. Stay with a problem much longer than we are used to. The quickest way out is often the shortest way back in. We want to break any recurrent cycle that sits under a problem.
4. Identify the forces at play that sit under a problem and then break the link(s) that will interrupt a vicious cycle.
5. Move away from quick fix solutions and move toward solutions that are transformative.
6. Reposition the business to lead change proactively with creative choices, rather than having to scramble and strain resources from a reactive position.
NZ$38.00 inc. GSTBuy Now